Motorcycle Assist Australia Roadside Assist Terms & Conditions
At MCAA we endeavour to provide a great product at a competitive price and to ensure this, we ask that you consider the below before purchasing our product to ensure that it meets your needs.
Electric Motorcycle & Scooters Terms of Service:
- Electric Motorcycles and Scooters must be in roadworthy condition with no defects and must be registered in accordance with applicable state regulations by its owner. If the electric motorcycle or scooter has not been charged correctly and you require assistance to transport home or to a licensed mechanical workshop to charge the battery system, this will be at the members expense and payable upon request.
- Electric motorcycle and scooter cover includes, indicators, drive belts, electrical issues, electric motor, flat tyres, electrical system failure and any mechanical issue including wheel bearings. This also includes other related standard assist member services.
- If your electric motorcycle or scooter requires a tow, we can assist you with the transportation and storage of any additional items other than your electric motorcycle or scooter. Should specialised towing equipment be required this service will be at the members expense payable upon request.
Member Terms of Service:
- Motorcycles must be in roadworthy condition with no defects and must be registered in accordance with applicable state regulations by its owner.
- Members are responsible for paying any excessive cost over and above the normal cost of any specific service carried out. These terms apply to any member that request a specific contractor to carry out work on their behalf.
- If a member requests a motorcycle moved to a specific repairer which is further away than the nearest repairer to where the breakdown has been reported. The member is to pay any excessive cost over and above the normal cost of the tow to the nearest repairer. We will not authorise or pay for any breakdown roadside assistance services performed and organised by you the motorcycle owner without firstly contacting our 24/7 roadside assistance call centre for assistance, the roadside assist service organised by you will be payable at your expense.
- Roadside assistance is only available on any sealed or designated road that the service provider deems to be safe. Recovery in National parks where a road is not accessible by a standard 2-wheel drive recovery vehicle, may be deemed unsafe by service providers and assistance may not be available as a result.
- Roadside assistance is only provided where the weight is less than 3.5 tonnes gross and the length of the vehicle is less than 5.5 meters.
- When requesting roadside assistance, you must provide the correct motorcycle details and the exact location of the motorcycle. All services will be at your expense if we are not able to confirm membership or locate your motorcycle based on the information you have provided.
- If your motorcycle requires a tow, we can assist you in the transportation and or storage of any additional items other than your motorcycle (e.g.Motorcycle-trailer) and this will be at the members expense. Should specialised towing equipment or personnel be required this service will be at the members expense payable upon request.
- There may be instances where MCAA or our service providers are unable to assist you and in such cases Motorcycle Assist Australia will refund your membership fee.
- Member services and benefits will become effective within 48hrs after the receipt of payment. Membership must be paid for and current to obtain any service or benefit.
- Services will not be provided to a member who in our view is abusive, threatening or violent to any of our staff members or our service providers, or who attempt to receive service by deception. Should a member behave in this way we may after full investigation;
- Suspend or cancel services to the member;
- Impose service fees for further service request;
- Void the membership.
- Roadside Assistance is provided in the event of an unexpected mechanical breakdown. It does not cover motorcycle maintenance or permanent repairs. Temporary repairs may be at the request of the member to mobilise the motorcycle (where able). However, regular maintenance or mechanical repairs, major or otherwise, is the members responsibility and will be at the members expense.
- Motorcycle Assist Australia is an emergency roadside service only, therefore, roadside assistance services and or towing benefits do not apply for:
- a motorcycle we deem to be un-roadworthy, or that is unregistered;
- a motorcycle at a motor repairer
- a motorcycle that is partly or fully dismantled or on which repairs have been attempted by anyone (including a licensed motor mechanic) or has pre-existing failure or breakdown;
- a motorcycle where the tow has not been arranged by us;
- a motorcycle that has been involved in or suffered damage as a consequence of an accident, flood, theft, fire or malicious damage.
- a motorcycle which has been modified in ways that in our view increase the possibility of it sustaining damage during towing, or in ways that make damage-free towing difficult, unless such modifications are removed prior to towing. This includes modified or factory released accessories;
- a motorcycle which has been driven or transported to any licensed motor repairer;
- any parts, labour or other cost related with the repair of the motorcycle;
- any financial loss or liability, however sustained, occurring from or in any way connected with a breakdown or accident;
- any freight cost;
- transportation of a accident damaged motorcycle or vehicle;
- any cost related to making arrangement for pets and animals;
- motorcycle driven against our instruction or the instruction of a licensed motor repairer;
- a motorcycle that has been transported to a holding or shipment facility;
- motorcycle that has been used in a motorcycle race track event;
- If a member has received and continues to request roadside assistance or towing for the motorcycle repeatedly on an unjust and excessive number of instances in a year we may refuse to provide further roadside assistance or towing and will then offer alternative service at the members expense payable upon request of service.
- Motorcycle Assist Australia does not cover breakdowns caused by conditions that existed prior to the commencement of membership. Any failure that occurred prior to the commencement of your membership will be at the members expense and payable at the time the service is provided.
- We will attempt to transport all passengers with the motorcycle, provided that each person can be legally transported in the tow truck. In the event that we are unable to transport all passengers we will assist in organising alternative transport, such as a taxi at the members expense.
- Once a callout has been provided for a breakdown, any subsequent callouts arising from the same breakdown will be provided at the members expense payable at the time of the callout. This includes towing for a motorcycle that has been towed after hours to the members home, a holding yard or place of safety and subsequently requires further towing for the same breakdown, one callout per breakdown.
- We will not authorise or pay for any service performed or carried out prior to the commencement date of the membership.
- If the member fails to pay for battery replacements, fuel and excess towing fee your membership will be void and you will incur cost in relation to the recovery.
- If a member has used all of their service callouts in the year and has requested roadside assistance, the member must pay for the service via credit card or cash for each additional roadside assistance service requested.
- Flat Battery jump started or battery replaced, cost of replacing battery will be at member’s expense, when requesting a jump start or battery replacement, in some cases please make sure you able to remove your motorcycle panels or seat to make the battery accessible when possible for our roadside team as we don’t want to be held responsible for scratching or marking your motorcycle panels, if the battery is not accessible we are able tow it to a repairer or help remove the panels or seat.
- Emergency Out of Fuel: Our roadside assistance team can carry between 5 to 10 litres or 50 km worth of emergency fuel (unleaded petrol only) we will deliver sufficient fuel to enable the motorcycle to travel up to 50kms or to the nearest service station, the supplied emergency fuel will be at the members expense.
- Roadside assistance is not covered if a member has entered the wrong fuel into the motorcycle. Towing arrangements and responsibility will be at the members expense and payable at the time of assistance.
- MCAA can assist in arranging accident related recovery via Motorcycle Accident & Recovery Assist 1300 952 500 24/7 365 Days. This will however, be at the members expense and payable upon request. In most instances you can claim your towing invoice and have it reimbursed from your insurance company when making a claim for accident repairs.
- Adventure riders please note terms 4. & 8. prior to considering purchasing cover.
- Motorcycle Assist Australia reserves the right to change pricing and policy amendments, terms & conditions without prior notice and are current and affective as of 28/03/22.
- All Membership Fees paid to Motorcycle Assist Australia including administration fees, service fees are non-refundable, the membership is not transferable to another person.
- When becoming a Motorcycle Assist Australia member, you agree to accept all terms and conditions in relation to this roadside assistance agreement.
Standard Member Benefit Limits:
- Two callouts per year limited to one callout per breakdown towing included, towing capped at 25km round trip in metropolitan areas, and 50km round trip in regional areas. If your motorcycle needs to be transported any further you will be charged with the excess towing charges and will be at the members expense.
- Any additional motorcycles added to your standard assist membership have an additional 2 free callouts per year with one callout per breakdown.
- Unused callouts cannot be carried forward into following year.
Premium Member Accommodation & Car Hire Benefits:
- Member Benefit Accident Accommodation: 3 x Nights member benefit assistance limit of $210.00 for accident events that are more than 100kms from home. If you should require accommodation in the event of an accident where the registered motorcycle is involved and the repairs being carried out on the motorcycle are at a distance of more than 100 kilometres from your registered residence, we will assist with the reimbursement of emergency accommodation costs of up to $70.00 per night for up to 3 nights only room rate only. This does not include pre-booked accommodation. For reimbursement of accident accommodation you must submit a copy of the accident report, accommodation invoice, motorcycle repair invoice, and a copy of your current insurance policy. Accident accommodation only applies to members with third party, third party fire & theft and fire & theft insurance policies. Motorcycles with full comprehensive insurance have accident accommodation included in their insurance policy. Applies only to the registered owner of the motorcycle.
- Breakdown Member Benefit Accommodation: 3 x Nights Member benefit assistance limit of $210.00 for member breakdowns that are more than 100kms from home. If you should require accommodation in the event of a breakdown where the registered motorcycle is involved and the repairs being carried out on the motorcycle are at a distance of more than 100 kilometres from your registered residence, we will assist with the reimbursement of emergency breakdown accommodation costs of up to $70.00 per night for up to 3 nights room rate only. This does not include pre-booked accommodation. For reimbursement of breakdown accommodation you must submit a copy of the accomodation invoice and motorcycle repair invoice. Applies only to the registered owner of the motorcycle.
- Breakdown Car Hire Member Benefit Assistance: $70 per day for breakdowns more than 100km’s from home, a mechanical breakdown that renders your motorcycle un-roadworthy for more than 48 hours. This excludes workshop and supplier’s delays. We will assist you with the reimbursement of the car hire costs up to $70.00 per day for 3 days assistance to a limit of $210.00. For reimbursement of your hire car you must submit a copy of the car hire invoice and a copy of the motorcycle repair invoice. Fuel & insurance costs are not claimable. Applies only to the registered owner of the motorcycle.
Motorcycle and Scooters Unacceptable Risks:
Roadside assist is not available for following makes and models;
- Alfer, Arqin, ATK, AJP Motorcycles, Beta, Braap, Gas Gas Enduro & Motorcross, Fin Scooters,Hunter Spyder All Models, KTM Enduro & Motorcross Models, Husqvarna Enduro & Motocross, Kawasaki Enduro, Yamaha Enduro, Suzuki Enduro, Honda Enduro Including Motorcross Models, Grand Milano, Ikonik Scooters, Mcskuta, Motobella, Muz, MZ, Nippi, Polaris farm bikes or 4×4, Razor by E-Ton, Sachs, Scorpa, SCP, Secma, Shelung, Sherco, SYM Scooters, Skyteam Ace, Sol Invictus All models, TGB, Thumpstar, TM, Vertemati, Torino Scooters Cruisers & Cafe Racer, VOR, Zongshen, Zoot, CF Moto, CCM, Coyote (Yianshi), Daelim, Derbi, Eagle Wing, EVT, HM, Hunwick Harrop, Hyosung, Italjet, Jawa, Jianshe, Jiajue, Kazuma, Laverda, LEM Motor, Loncin, Longjia, Malaguti, Pagsta, QJ Flash Scooters, or any motorcycle or scooter manufactured in China under a Chinese brand.
- Excludes Motorcycles used for and not imported by the Manufacturer and or Australian Distributor.
- Extreme modifications from manufacturer’s original specifications.
- Having been used or tested in preparation for or participation in any form of motor sport.
- Provide roadside assist for registered or unregistered enduro motorcycles all makes and models.
- Two stroke or 4 stroke motorcycle engines road and off road that are agricultural ATV’s, trial, motocross or competition motorcycles.
Privacy Act 1988:
Motorcycle Assist Australia P.O Box 1626 Bowral NSW 2576 Australia. ABN: 12 631 227 597